Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Public Speaking- part 2

The night after my failed rehearsal for Melanoma Man I decided to try a different audience. While MM transported imac to Karate, I practiced my presentation in my living room for Butter. I received a favorable review from this twelve year old boy, although somewhat biased in my favor. "Mom, I liked it. I liked it because you have logos, ethos and pathos." I looked at him quizzically. He restated it, "Logic, ethics, and passion. That's from Aristotle Mom. I like him because he's from way back when, but his ideas are still accessible today." This is my kid?

Last night imac saw me doing dishes and heard me say I needed to do a load of laundry next. "I can start the laundry for you Mom." This is my kid too? It's extravagant really having these two. They are stepping up.

Back to the conference. I think it went well. Lots of questions at the end, a few nice remarks from colleagues. I'll find out more on Friday at our debriefing meeting. The big boss will give us our numbers from the written evaluations.

Tonight is another night before Moffitt. Melanoma Man left this afternoon, arriving at Moffitt around 4:30, in time to drink his oral contrast and receive his IV contrast for his 5:30 CT scans. In the morning he'll have labs and an MRI of his brain. Afternoon will be appointment with the neurosurgeon, who reviews his brain MRI, and then oncologist to review CT scans and labs.

This afternoon Butter texted me at work to tell me that he was home from school and has been freezing cold since third period today. He also mentioned flannel pajamas, a hoodie and four blankets were keeping him warm. Uh-oh. I left work early, 4:20, thanks to gracious co-workers. Sure enough Butter's temp was 101.

Originally I planned to work a half day tomorrow, but texted my boss to say I will be staying home with Butter. Thinking about morning I realize the adjusted plan means I don't need to get up at 5! Oh the luxury. I will sleep in until 6!

Tomorrow evening I have my second appointment with an acupuncturist. I've done this before, about 22 years ago so it doesn't give me heebie jeebies, as it might to others. It just purely makes me feel good, and sometimes feeling good can be hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment