Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

It is 2015. Surprisingly I am having no trouble writing 2015. I suppose I must have been ready for this one. I had a wonderful Christmas break. I took 3 days off Christmas week and 1 day off New Year's week. I didn't worry about lunch boxes, planners, homework or backpacks for two weeks. I binged on Downton Abbey during the month of December. I have always been a late bloomer. I felt the need to catch up with other Downton watchers before Season 5 started on January 4. Such lofty goals I have for myself. Speaking of goals, I am not having a New Year's resolution this year. Instead I am having a goal. My goal is to relax more. Downton Abbey aligns nicely with my aspirations for 2015.

I have been starting most days with coffee and the daily reading from Forward Day by Day, doing some Tai Chi here and there, saying my rosary now and then and art journaling. None of it on a particular schedule. If I create a schedule for these activities it will defeat the purpose. They will become resolutions, instead of goals and they may cease to produce relaxation. 

Melanoma Man got tickets for us to go hear Glennon Melton Doyle, one of my heroes, speak next week! I am ecstatic. MM returns to Moffitt Friday for "the usual," which involves labs and physical exam and usually no Big News. His next "Special," involving CT scans, MRI and often times "News," will be at the end of February.

Update from Friday's visit to Moffitt: labs are good, and no new findings on physical exam. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment