Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beautiful Day

I''ve always meant to try out writing a gratitude list at the end of each day. It was all the rage with Oprah. I never got the hang of it. But I'm going to give it another shot. Here goes.

Gratitude List
1) 73 degree walk on the beach with K on Sunday.
2) Co-workers who take such great care of me & get my sense of humor. Melanoma Man never has. I don't know how you can be married to someone who doesn't get your sense of humor. I'm proof it can be done.
3) The audio book When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris on loan to me from VT.
4) My 45 minute commute to work, which gives me time to talk on the phone or listen to number 3.
5) Metallic blue nail polish, which is not on the dress code at work, so I think I shall wear it more often.
6) Daily Meditations from Henri Nouwen Society
7) The cardiologist who gave me his cell # today @ Melanoma man's appointment, after MM told me I talk too much when I started to ask a question.
8) The fact that MM's arryhthmia is not suggestive of a risk of MI. Just more tired, tired, tired, and shortness of breath-which is kind of normal now.
9) My new solution for MMs appointments, which I announced to him on the sofa tonight. I'm not going to anymore appointments. He'll get a list of questions I need answers to and if he doesn't come back with answers he'll sleep on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment