Sunday, June 29, 2014

That calendar could save your life

It's that time of year when I start to think "maybe if I get a new calendar I'll be better able to manage my life." I've tried paper, electronic, Franklin Covey, 7 Habits, you name it. There's no calendar called "This is for you: caregiver, caretaker, carrying too many messy things and people." No "your life is going to be a breeze" calendar. I wasn't so much looking for a breeze, just a break. I've put some heavy things down, like my old job. I have tried not to pick up new heavy things, as demonstrated by the fact that I did not apply for the opening for nurse manager of my division. I'm in the process of starting a little etsy business. Hey I thought I was supposed to be putting things down, instead of picking them up? I was making excuses or explanations to my dear friend Di, as to why I haven't opened my shop yet. She carefully, and logically pointed out that the Etsy shop will be my fourth job, Full time RN, Mom, and Wife being jobs one, two, and three. Ah perspective, thanks for that. I keep feeling like I never finish anything and am rushing myself to prove a point to me, that I can follow through. 

I have had a good couple of days. Melanoma Man, iMac, and Butter are in Riverton. Sometimes I waste these rare times alone being sad, sometimes being mad. This time neither. Breakfast with my Stephen minister yesterday, followed by pedicure. Late afternoon haircut with Lily. Lily is my new favorite hairdresser. I'm pretty faithful, but Koran my previous hairdresser left for Nashville and gave me Lily. I got a good deal. I made several trips to the Salvation Army with old fan, humidifier, outgrown clothes, board games for littler kids. I washed and dried all sheets, comforters, clothes, towels. More significantly I put ithem all away and made the beds. When I felt discouraged at the state of the house in general I wrote down all I had done and the discouragement lifted.

Topping it all off, I selected a new calendar at Staples, just in case this is really the one that will make order out of chaos. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment